Does the title sound strange to you? I suppose to be outdoors but somehow the word “Clean” managed to stay in my life. I still clean the place I am staying (cough, BB’s little nest) as much as I can.
My friends most the of the time get shocked when they find out I am a clean freak. My house might be the messiest place on earth but I guarantee you can’t find a single piece of dust or spider web (hehe, not because the mess covered it!!). I don’t mind things get a little messy but being dirty is an absolute not. It stops me from being creative and prevents me from touching my belongings.
I usually clean once per week in my older apartment. My roommate cleans a lot so I didn’t have to do so much. However, there are things I make sure to clean every single weekened:
1. Bathroom: Sink, toilet bowl, tub, mirrors
2. Trash and Recycle Bins
3. Laundry: Washed and Folded AND put away
4. Plants: I wiped or watered down the leaves for plants that have huge leaves.
Now that summer has come, the air conditioner is run so often. I need to put down one more thing to my list
Why is it good?
1. Reduce allergy symptoms
2. Helps with energy saving
3. Makes you feel good (Imagine you are now inhaling clean and fresh air!)
4. Takes 5 minutes
Each and every air conditioning unit works differently. However with the portable ones (especially ones in Asia), here is how I did it:
1. Carefully remove the filters
2. Soak filters in a basin/sink, use a brush (preferably toothbrush because it is soft enough) and gently brush the dust off. If you do it wet, dust won’t fly everywhere. Instead, it forms into balls of dust and drain off the sink.
3. Once the filter is clean, shake gently to dry and hang dry in the shade.
4. In the mean time, use a damp cloth to clean the whole unit where you cannot wash with water.
You probably won’t notice with central air conditioner but with the portable ones, the moment I install clean filters, they run smoothly just like new units.